Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Leif's Fish



  I recently got to shape a fish for someone I've seen giving the waves a run for their money since I started surfing. Leif Nelson was looking for a board that could work on smaller days when he'd rather leave the longboard on the beach for a change. Although this fish can go in the bigger stuff too with the help of a twin plus one option.
  To make this order fulfilled I pulled in the tail more than a traditional fish in hopes to have a shorter turning radius and release off the top. I also modernized the rails and bottom concaves to bring the performance to a new level. The fins we went with are the Hobie Twin keels from True Ames with a classic nubster and an up-cycled shark tooth fin to give this twin more control options. Green Poly Usblank with cedar stringer, polyester resin, black pin-line, and a resin leash loop, measuring in at 5'11" x 20 1/2" x 2 3/4" get some Leif!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.